Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Diabetes Downer

Well I'm at that point again (comes around every month or so) where I've decided to start taking serious action with respect to my diabetes management. I have to get better control of my blood sugars. I'm tired of them being up. Normal is between 4 - 7 mmol/L (Canada, Europe) and I often find myself 10 - 14.

I have to make this a priority. Even quit my job if necessary. My health is the most important thing. Let me repeat that for everyone: your health is the most important thing. Take care of yourself.

I've decided to start blogging a little more on my diabetes as it helps me sort of keep track of what I'm doing.

So today, is Day 1 of the low carb diet. I've tried this before and it worked quite well. Lots of vegetables, plenty of meat, and when I do eat carbs they should be "complex carbs". In other words foods that take a while to break down: pasta, potatoes and whole wheat bread are the best.

moderate exercise. I can't box for more than an hour as it will require me to eat too many carbs. Carbs that will be stored away while I'm exercising, but carbs that will be released a half hour after I stop.

Alright. So this is Day 1. I'll get back to y'all tonight.

No comments: