Thursday, November 6, 2008

School/Academia

I've decided to keep up with the school. I want to succeed and do well now. If it means that I have to leave people behind, or change existing thoughts/feelings on things, then I will.

I don't want to be the blue collar guy forever. I want the Master's the PhD the 90,000/year salary, the Lexus. I want to surround myself with knowledgable and intelligent people. This involves me to start focusing more on my own needs as opposed to those of the "working class".

I am no revolutionary or union organizer. I have my own needs (diabetes, et al.) and need to find a job that suits those needs. Working at a desk sort of appeals to me now. I want to wear a nice, pressed shirt to work and carry a black leather briefcase. Currently the only days I get to dress up and engage in thoughtful debate and study is Mondays and Wednesdays when I go to school. As my French improves (I study at a francophone university) I find myself taking part in more debate and loving the writing assignments.

I think the tide is turning.

No comments: