Saturday, December 13, 2008

Moving On

Well my emotions re: the Great Bus Strike of 2008 are dwindling, and setting in is just a numb feeling of let down. However, the show must go on. We, the people of Ottawa, are finding ways to cope with this ordeal and things are going quite well. I will patiently sit on my hands and wait the 2 more weeks this will likely take to be resolved.

Good things to come out of the bus strike:
-neighbours getting to know each other, sharing rides, etc.;
-co-workers getting to know each other through carpooling;
-people making money on the side by giving rides - my girlfriend for example will likely be able to cover all her fuel expenses for december through such payments (5 bucks one way);
-I am walking more.

Now, to help us get through the winter blues we have the gift of sport. And, more importantly, in fact, MOST importantly, a little, wee site called: justin.tv.

For those of you out there still unaware of this fine gem of a site, YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT!!!!

OMG, I have had a heart attack (figuratively speaking), everday since having found this site. Game after game. Movie after movie. All live, free, webstream, internet TV. I have been able to reconnect to the wonderful world of European football, thanks to the click of my mouse and a 4 x 6 inch screen. Games from England, Turkey, Egypt, Japan. It's INCREDIBLE. Words cannot describe it. Check it out.

Now, aside from that, there is the streaming hockey site that I have found. Hockeywebcasts.com. I don't even want to be advertising this as I don't want y'all to start clogging up the bandwidth - but these sites are just too amazing not too share. Having neither cable nor satellite, I am now able to tune into games that even some satellite/cable subscribers cannot get! The Sens game was on TSN2 (*cough* moneygrab!) the other night. Many people with cable/satellite could not get the game as they only had TSN. I went on the site and watched the game. That simple. To those poor editors in the Citizen who were complaining - you guys should have tuned into this site!

Anyways, folks. It's cold outside. Stay warm, watch lots of sports, and drink your coffee and hot chocolate.

No comments: